Located on historic Belle Isle in Detroit, the Belle Isle Nature Center (BINC) offers unique educational and environmental experiences that connect people with wildlife and nature. Operated by the Detroit Zoological Society (DZS), the BINC contains habitats for many species of wildlife who live alongside
people in cities and suburbs.
The BINC underwent exciting initiatives and facility updates in Fall 2022 that significantly enhance the guest experience, connect individuals with wildlife in the spaces they share and ensure the welfare of resident animals. Renovations include spacious new animal habitats, immersive environments and interactive technologies and compelling programs to maximize visitors’ engagement. Check out some before and after photos below!
SUPPORT THE SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN COMMUNITY
DZS Board Chair Tony Earley and his wife, Sarah, are encouraging other contributors to support the BINC by matching donations and grants up to a total of $500,000. The Earleys’ dollar-for-dollar match applies to gifts for the ongoing capital improvements, as well as the BINC’s programs and operations.
For more information, please contact Andrea Richards at (248) 336-5729 or email@example.com.
OUR COMMITMENT TO THE COMMUNITY
The BINC is committed to increasing environmental awareness by providing educational programs to the community, students and teachers that address the following:
- Connecting young learners to local nature exploration
- Celebrating neighborhood nature that thrives in cities
- Water quality and protection
The BINC is dedicated to providing assistance in the development of our youth through:
- Career awareness programs for teens and young adults
- Professional development activities for teachers
- Community projects addressing environmental stewardship
- Educational field trips and outreach programs for schools and community groups